Monday 22 January 2018

Review: Dirty Talk

Dirty Talk Dirty Talk by Lauren Landish
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Lauren Landish is an author to have grabbed my attention on many occasions. For a very long time I have been meaning to pick up one of the author’s books, yet I always found myself picking up something else instead. I’m not sure why this is, but having finally read a Lauren Landish book I’m annoyed with myself. I had so much fun with this one, and will certainly be picking up more of the author’s work in the future. My only question is why it took me so long to do so in the first place – it really was a ridiculous choice to avoid her work for so long.

From the very first page I was pulled into this book, desperate for more. In fact, by the end of chapter two I was completely lost to the story. I would have finished this book in a single sitting, except a couple of chapters in real life came knocking and I had to put my reading on hold. Nevertheless, I was more than happy to recognise my addition to the story. As if to prove my addiction, as soon as I was able to pick the book back up I finished it in a single sitting.

The story was highly entertaining, keeping me gripped from the start. There was humour, drama, and deep emotion throughout – all things that pull me in with any good romance book. Not to mention, it was perfectly steamy. With the title Dirty Talk I was a wee bit tentative – I feared it was setting expectations in my mind that would not be reached for both the dirty talk and the sexual scenes – but I was not disappointed. In fact, I enjoyed the dirty talk more than I enjoyed the actual act – more than confirming the title is certainly a reflection of what you can expect.

I think, for me, there was only really one issue with this book. While I did enjoy the characters, and felt they played off each other well, I did not feel the chemistry in the way I had hoped to. The interactions were a lot of fun, I loved the way the story came together, but I never fell in love with the ship in the way I wanted to. I couldn’t put my finger on what it was, but I feel as though it was a bit forced. The story was a lot of fun, but they were not characters I could imagine together in any other situation. When I’m really feeling the chemistry between characters I can imagine them in any situation and still imagine their happily ever after – with this one, it felt far too situational. It could just be me, but such was my feeling towards the characters as an actual couple.

Overall, though, I had a lot of fun with this one. I was addicted to this story, and there is no doubt of me reading more Lauren Landish in the future. In fact, I need to read more soon!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment