Tuesday 30 June 2020

Review: Seducing the Enemy

Seducing the Enemy Seducing the Enemy by Shayla Black
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Shayla Black is a name I have often seen, but it took a while for me to finally pick up one of her books. After doing so, I was annoyed with myself for taking so long. I adored it, and I was eager for more. Thus, I was happy to dive into Seducing the Enemy.

I’m going to be honest and say I’m extremely picky when it comes to short stories. I find myself setting higher standards, as I need to be wowed in such a short space of time, and there are few authors whose short stories I will regularly return to. Despite this, I was willing to give Seducing the Enemy a try – not only did I want more Shayla Black, this one sounded super interesting.

I’m sure many will enjoy Seducing the Enemy, but this one didn’t work for me. I wanted more depth to this one, I wanted to understand things better than I did, and I wanted to feel something. I just wanted more in general.

I will probably give another Shayla Black short story a read, just to see if this was a one off, but for the most part, I’ll be sticking to the author’s full-length novels.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment