Monday 31 August 2020

Review: Red Sister

Red Sister Red Sister by Mark Lawrence
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Red Sister is the first book in Mark Lawrence’s Book of the Ancestor series, and it’s one that has me conflicted. On the one hand, I was curious throughout. On the other hand, there were points where this one felt so slow.

The book introduces us to a world that had me curious throughout, a cast that had me eager to find out more. There were plenty of elements to this story, and I was eager to see how each of them came together. There were some elements that I saw coming in advance, but plenty that have left me with hopes of what is to come.

As the introduction to a series, it’s not the most powerful I’ve read, but it certainly left me wanting more.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment