Tuesday 30 August 2022

Review: ‎Sinful Mafia Prince

‎Sinful Mafia Prince ‎Sinful Mafia Prince by Ella Frank
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

After enjoying Forbidden Mafia Prince, I was eager to see how Ella Frank and Brooke Blaine would conclude the Malvagio duet. While it was not my favourite introduction to a series by the author, it did have me intrigued and excited for more. Although I did enjoy Sinful Mafia Prince, it didn’t quite hit as hard as I’d hoped.

Sinful Mafia Prince was a story that had me eager to see the conclusion, and yet I was constantly waiting for a little bit more from it. I think, in this case, it comes down to the authors’ writing styles not quite fitting with the genre. You see, this story should have been much darker. Mafia reads are supposed to be dark and twisted, and this one never quite went to the degree it could have. Why? Because Ella Frank and Brooke Blaine do cute too well. That is not an insult. I adore how easily they have me wrapped in the feels of the characters. In this case, however, we needed less of that and more of the darkness. Due to the cuteness, it felt like the main characters were off page and the darkness was a box ticked by other characters. It wasn’t quite what I wanted, and it meant I did not love this to the degree I had hoped.

All in all, Sinful Mafia Prince was another addictive read from the authors. I have my fingers crossed that certain characters will get their own stories told, yet my fingers are also crossed for more darkness in those stories to ensure it doesn’t fall into the same trap this one did.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment