Monday 10 April 2023

Review: Daybreak

Daybreak Daybreak by Iris Foxglove
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Daybreak is the third book in the Immortals Descending series by Iris Foxglove, and I was eager for this one after enjoying the prior two books. While each story can be read as a standalone, it certainly hits harder if you are following the series – it allows you to fall for each of the characters in turn, to see how things develop for them, and ensures you’re eager to see their story come together.

I was extra excited for Daybreak as I was super curious about both characters after seeing – and loving – them in the prior books. I had high hopes for their stories and was so glad with the way things came together. I will be completely honest and say that I worked out where things were heading with ease, which ruined some of the surprise of the reveals, yet this was not enough to take away my enjoyment of the story. I was hooked on the characters and fell deeper for their relationship as it developed. As with the prior books in the series, I was wholly invested throughout and could not put it down. Plus, as a fan of the world, I adored getting to see more of it – not to mention the visits with the characters from the prior books and the nods toward what will come in the future books.

Without a doubt, this was another wonderful addition to the series. I will be brutally honest and say this was not my favourite, but that does not change the fact that it is still a fabulous read. If you have enjoyed the series thus far, you’re sure to be hooked on this. I’m now desperate for the next book in the series – I have very high hopes of what is to come.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment