Friday 20 January 2017

Review: Bear to Love

Bear to Love Bear to Love by Amy Lamont
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Bear to Love by Amy Lamont is the third book in the Kodiak Den series, although it does work perfectly fine as a standalone novel.

I actually read book four before book three, but such a thing failed to diminish my enjoyment of this one. I found both stories to be thoroughly enjoyable, both offering something very different, neither spoiling the other. After finishing book four I said that I would gladly go on to read the other books in the series, and such a statement still stands true. Having read books three and four, I now need to read books one and two – not to understand the series, but because I’m so interested in reading more about the Kodiak Den (and yes, because I’m interested in reading the backstory to two of the side characters in this one).

What Bear to Love gives us is a wonderful shifter novel, filled with more than just your simple mating bond. I don’t simply meaning this is a mating bond with a twist, I mean this story gives us an emotional rollercoaster as we’re pulled into the world of our main characters. We have all kinds of drama throughout the story, with just enough intrigue thrown in to leave you turning the page to find out what happens next. I always enter these books sure of a happily ever after, but even this one left me questioning whether it would be quite possible considering all the baggage involved in this story.

I won’t say too much about that baggage – just know it works to make an interesting cast of characters. The way in which the characters slowly come to life, the way in which we slowly see more of them, was wonderful. I love slow burners, and this one was perfectly executed. Considering the type of romance in this one, it was a really cute story – I really did enjoy watching the story develop for all of our characters.

Overall, it was a wonderful quick read. I would have liked it to be a bit longer with a bit more action, as it felt as though certain events came and went a little bit too quickly – however, I so often say such things about short stories, so it isn’t really an issue with this book but an issue of how I always want more from my quick reads.

As a final note, I would like to thank the author for allowing me to read this in exchange for a review.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment