Saturday 1 April 2017

Review: Digital Velocity

Digital Velocity Digital Velocity by Reily Garrett
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Digital Velocity was a truly wonderful read, a prime example of why Reily Garrett quickly became one of my favourite authors. Before I give an in-depth review, however, I which to make a couple of quick points.

First up: I was fortunate enough to be given the chance to beta read this story. It was my first time beta reading, and I found it to be a wonderful introduction to the world of beta reading. My rating and review, however, are not influenced by this fact.

Second: it’s a very strong four-star read, and could have been a five-star rating were I kinder with my five star ratings. I so rarely give out five star ratings. With this one, I opted out of doing so because it’s not my favourite Reily Garrett read. Yes, it’s a very strong four-star rating, but I didn’t quite love it as much as I loved her Carnal Obsession book. As I did not give her Carnal Obsession a five-star rating, I realised I couldn’t quite give this a five-star rating. Despite this, it’s left me with the firm belief that Reily Garrett will one day be one of the few authors to pull a five star rating from me.

Third, and finally: you should go and give Tender Echoes a read. Tender Echoes is a wonderful prequel to this story. Although not a necessity, it is certainly a worthwhile read. Truthfully, I read it after reading Digital Velocity and enjoyed it just as much after the fact as I would have if I’d read it first. Still, it makes more sense to read it first.

Now, onto the important stuff. How I felt about this one.

Digital Velocity is the first book in the McAllister Justice series. After just one book, I’m super excited to see where the series goes next. I know from prior Reily Garrett books that she writes a wonderful series, and this series is promising to be just as addictive as her other work. Honestly, I cannot wait to get my hands on the next book. The sooner I can read it, the sooner I’ll be a happy fangirl. Without a doubt, Reily Garrett has guaranteed I’ll be following another of her series.

Digital Velocity has many of the trademarks of her Carnal series. There’s lots of action. There are many hot moments. There’s beautiful chemistry. Digital Velocity is without the kink seen in the Carnal series. Such a thing fails to lessen the impact of this story though. The romance is just as steamy, leaving you more than pulled into the story.

From the moment you start, you’re unable to put the story down. There’s so much mystery and suspense that you’re constantly one edge to see what happens next. It’s a gritty read, with events happening back to back. Every time you think things may be calming, you’re hit with another element of the story. The suspense and action of this story is done so well, undoubtedly leaving you pulled in. I really don’t want to say too much about it, because of spoilers, but know the story will leave you addicted and second-guessing. It’s more than worth the read if you’re a lover of suspense.

Of course, it’s a romantic suspense. Fear not lovers of the romantic element, as that is just as well done. As I’ve already said, it’s a steamy read. There’s so much more to it than the simple joining of bodies, though. The chemistry between the main characters is wonderful, and watching as they slowly come to trust each other is so enjoyable. Kendra and Connor as still my favourite Reily Garrett couple, but Ethan and Lexi are certainly a strong second place. I was just as addicted to the romance element of the story as I was the action.

Overall, Digital Velocity is another wonderful Reily Garrett read. It is a wonderful standalone read, whilst ensuring you want more in the form of the rest of the McAllister Justice series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment