Monday 24 October 2022

Review: Blood Orange

Blood Orange Blood Orange by Karina Halle
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I’m a big Karina Halle fan, and I’ve been eager for Dracula’s book since I was first introduced to his character in the Dark Eyes duet. I had high hopes for him and was super excited when I started to receive details about his story.

I’ll be completely honest and say that this one left me conflicted. At first, it had me super interested. There were lots of elements that had me intrigued, details I wanted to find out more about. The more the story progressed, however, the less I found myself enjoying it. I did remain curious, there were lots of details I wanted to find out more about, yet I felt like details were never taken as far as they could have been. Things quickly became rushed, and the way things played out toward the end left me feeling cheated. It felt like one story was partly told in this one, details left hanging, and then the ending suggests we’re going to do a huge jump before getting answers. To me, that suggests a lot of details are going to be skipped over. I really hope I’m wrong, yet the way this one skipped a lot of the things I was interested in, leaves me a little tentative. I will be reading it, of course, as I’m a big Karina Halle fan. I am, however, no longer quite as invested in this character as I previously was.

All in all, this was an interesting addition to the vampire world Karina Halle has created. Honesty has me admitting this is my least favourite of her vampire books, yet it does have me wanting to see how everything comes together.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment