Monday 8 May 2023

Review: The Word of the Muse

The Word of the Muse The Word of the Muse by Bridgette Dutta Portman
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The Word of the Muse is the third and final book in Bridgette Dutta Portman’s Coseema series. It is a series that needs to be read in order, and those who have read the second book would have been left eager to see how everything played out in the third. I was one of those people, which means I happily devoured this conclusion to the series.

As with the prior books in the Coseema series, The Word of the Muse was a story that hooked me from the start. From the first page, I was immediately pulled back into the story, ensuring I was turning the pages at a rapid pace. There were lots of things I was eager to see come together, making it difficult to put the book down. While I adored this conclusion to the story, I will be honest and say that I did find the end a little too easy. I think, in part, this is because the big bad in the story was so powerful, yet the way in which they were taken down was a little simpler than I would have liked. Yes, there is a message in that. Yes, it makes sense. However, I do wish there had been a little bit more from the final showdown. Other than that, however, it was a fabulous conclusion that had me unable to put it down.

Without a doubt, fans of the series need to give the conclusion a read. Upon finishing, I’m sure, like me, you’ll be left wanting to see what the author gives in the future. I’m certainly eager to get my hands on whatever story they decide to give us next.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment