Monday 20 March 2017

Review: Reaper's Rival

Reaper's Rival Reaper's Rival by Simone Elise
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I was fortunate enough to advance read Reaper’s Claim, and as soon as I finished I was more than ready to jump into the second book. Back when I read Reaper’s Claim, though, it was a much longer book. After I finished reading, before publication, it was split into two books. The result of this split meant more was added to the second part of the story before it was published as Reaper’s Rival. Therefore, I went into this story with some idea of what kind of events would play out. Nevertheless, with all the additional content that was added in I was left feeling as though this was an entirely new book. One I thoroughly enjoyed. In fact, I’d go so far as to say Reaper’s Rival is more fun than Reaper’s Claim. Both are great reads, but this one packs more of a punch.

I said in my review of Reaper’s Claim that it ended on a serious cliff-hanger. Well, the cliff-hanger I was referring to in my review is actually the one at the end of this book. So be prepared. Whilst the first book finished in such a way that you were eager for more, this one leaves you in a real panic. What happens next? It is a very big question. One I cannot wait to get answered. Honestly, the way this one ends leaves us with the promise of an explosive third book. I cannot begin to explain my excitement for the things that will come in the third book: there was so much action in this one, and you know the third book will take things to a new height to tie up all the questions that have developed through the first two parts of the story.

As with the first book, Reaper’s Rival is all kinds of addictive. It’s one of those reads that is impossible to put down. Each scene leaves you questioning what comes next, each new twist in the story leave you wanting more. If you thought the first book was addictive, be prepared for your addiction to reach all new heights. The first book was merely a gateway drunk – this one takes us on to the harder drugs, and you will not want help with your addiction.

This second book is filled with all kind of drama. Lies and deception are central to the story, taking our characters to entirely new places. If you thought the first book had a lot of drama, know it’s nothing compared to what you will see in this one. The action is continuous, and the emotions you experience will leave you with whiplash.

As with the first book, there are some stupid choices made by characters – however, whilst this annoyed me in the first book, I found I enjoyed it this time around. Nobody is perfect, and these characters reflect just how flawed we all are. Yes, I still wanted to shake some sense into them; however, I found myself enjoying this need rather than sighing at it. Plus, we get to see quite a bit of development for the characters in this one. The story progresses for many of the characters, and it’s wonderful to see the way they’re moving forward in life.

Seriously, I cannot reiterate enough how addictive this series is proving to be. The romance is addictive; the characters are addictive; the storyline is addictive; the biker way of life is addictive. Basically, it’s all so addictive. It’s fast paced and filled with action – of course, it’s going to be addictive. Even the cliff-hanger, whilst it leaves you insane, was addictive: it’s one of those cases where you hate the fact you’re without answers, but you love the way events ended. It really was a wonderful read.

The sooner I can get my hand on the next book, the better. There’s a fan right here that is in dire need of answers. Honestly, if you’ve yet to jump into this world you really need to – it’s perfect for lovers of motorcycle club romances.

As a final note, I would like to thank the publisher for providing me with a copy in exchange for a review.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment