Thursday 8 August 2019

Review: Different as Night and Day

Different as Night and Day Different as Night and Day by Leigh Lennon
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Different as Night and Day is the second book in Leigh Lennon’s Father/Son duet, and to understand this one you need to have read the first book. Book one, Like Father Like Son, ends on a cliff-hanger, and this second book picks up right where it left off.

I’ll be honest and say I feared the cliff-hanger of an ending in book one would lead to a storyline that is overdone, one that would have me rolling my eyes. I was glad when such was not the case, although I’m going to be honest and say the story we were given wasn’t quite what I’d been hoping for.

There was certainly a lot packed into this one, many elements were introduced and given, but I failed to connect with any of them. There was too much, in my opinion, and none were given the focus they should have been. One or two of the elements would have been fine, but it felt like a checklist of ways to produce angst, which took away from the romance between the characters.

Not that I’d felt the romance in the first book, and the same was true in this one. I never felt the connection between the two characters, and by the end of this one I was done with our leading lady. It wasn’t quite the romance I was expecting, leaving me disappointed.

I think this is another one of those ‘it’s me, not the book’ cases. I’m sure many will enjoy this duet, but it didn’t do for me what I’d been hoping for.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment