Wednesday 12 February 2020

Review: The Chalk Man

The Chalk Man The Chalk Man by C.J. Tudor
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I’ve been curious about C.J. Tudor’s The Chalk Man for a long time and was ready to be gripped by the book. Although I devoured it in no time, when I finished, I found I was rather conflicted.

It’s certainly an addictive book, one I was happy to devour in a single sitting. I was curious to see how all the pieces came together, desperate to see if my ideas were correct, and this had me turning the pages at a rapid pace.

As addictive as it was, I found some of the aspects far too obvious. Moreover, there were details that were never fully explained. The fact there was a clear reference to plot holes at the end of the book only made the others more obvious.

It was certainly a gripping read that has me wanting to read more from the author, but it wasn’t quite as amazing as hype had me expecting.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment