Wednesday 21 October 2020

Review: Season of Zoetica

Season of Zoetica Season of Zoetica by Jennifer Arntson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Season of Zoetica is the final season of Scavenger Girl, and I was desperate to see how everything came together. Through Atchem, Talium, Hytalia, and Toridia, I’ve been hooked on the world and my investment in the story has grown stronger. There are so many things in this series that I adored, and I needed answers to how everything played out.

There is no doubt that a lot happens in this one. It’s one of those cases where I could list everything, but then I’d be spoiling the twists and turns that play out. Just know more happens than expected. I went into this one with a few ideas of what would play out, only to be given so much more. We were shown parts of the world that we’ve wondered about, parts of the world that have been hidden, and went deeper into the areas we love.

As for the characters, they continued to grow. Choices are made that will have you frustrated, choices are made that will leave you grinning, and all choices are real. In fact, the choices that were made had me amazed at how circular the series is. I had ideas of some of the details coming into play, but I had not expected to be wowed by the ending to the degree that I was. It was more than I expected, and I’m disappointed we’re now at the end of the series. Not because it did not end well, but because I need more.

Without a doubt, Season of Zoetica is a must read for fans of the Scavenger Girl series. It gives so much, ensuring you cannot put it down, and you’ll be eager for more of the world when it’s finished. In fact, there are certain characters I’m desperate to see get their own stories, if only to give me insight into what happened next – something I would love to see more of.

Honestly, if you’ve yet to dive into this hidden gem, you need to do so.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment