Tuesday 27 April 2021

Review: At the Pleasure of the Marquess

At the Pleasure of the Marquess At the Pleasure of the Marquess by Sofie Darling
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

At the Pleasure of the Marquess is the fifth book in Sofie Darling’s Shadows and Silk series, but it works perfectly fine as a standalone novel. I’ve only read the fourth book in the series, To Win a Wicked Lord, but I was able to enjoy this one – even with the appearance of characters from book one.

At the Pleasure of the Marquess was a story that grabbed me from the start, sucking me in with ease and ensuring I could not put it down. Once I started, I was desperate to see how everything came together. With great characters, wonderful chemistry, and a gripping storyline, I could not get enough of the unfolding events. Each detail packed a punch, pulling me in deeper and deeper. There were a few things that were a little too easy, a few details that were not taken quite as far as they could have been, but it was not enough to take away from my enjoyment of the story.

Without a doubt, this was a fun read. I’m now eager to go and read book one, as I need to find out more about certain characters.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment