Friday 4 November 2022

Review: Bond of Passion

Bond of Passion Bond of Passion by Larissa Ione
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I adored my introduction to the Demonica world and devoured the original series in no time. I keep meaning to go and read the rest of the full-length novels, but it has yet to happen. However, I do allow myself to read the novellas. While I’ve enjoyed some, others have not worked for me as well as I’d hoped.

Bond of Passion is one that I did not enjoy quite as much as I’d hoped. While the story was interesting and kept me turning the pages, there were times when I felt lost. The universe has become so big, there are so many characters introduced, that there were times when I felt like I was missing information. I love a big world and envy authors capable of creating an ever-growing complex universe, yet it is hard to follow at times when you’re missing books. In this case, I feel the story would have hit harder had there not been as many direct links with other stories. It distracted a bit from this one, which left me feeling a little disconnected.

All in all, an enjoyable story. While enjoyable, it was not my favourite in the series, and it’s certainly one that requires a lot of knowledge about the universe.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment