Wednesday 16 November 2022

Review: Folk Around and Find Out

Folk Around and Find Out Folk Around and Find Out by Penny Reid
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

After enjoying Ten Trends to Seduce Your Bestfriend, I was eager to read more Penny Reid. Folk Around and Find Out sounded like a wonderful read, one that would keep me hooked throughout, and I went in with high hopes. In the end, this ended up being one that left me conflicted. A part of me had hoped to give this a three-star rating, but I couldn’t quite bring myself to do so in the end.

For me, this book seemed to drag. There was a lot happening throughout the book, which is great, yet I felt like things were either focused on too much or not enough, which was not as great. There were times when I find like things were resolved far too easily, times when I felt like things were introduced solely to allow a conclusion in something else and was never explained for itself, and there were times when I felt like I was missing something. Mostly I felt like I was missing the connection between the main characters. I never came to believe in their relationship and was constantly waiting for the spark between them.

I’m sure many will love this – Penny Reid clearly has a huge following – but this one did not work for me in the way I had hoped.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment