Saturday 4 December 2021

Review: The Silent Wife

The Silent Wife The Silent Wife by Karin Slaughter
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The Silent Wife is the tenth Will Trent book, and it was another winner from Karin Slaughter. While this can be read as a standalone, I do recommend reading the series in order. There is a lot of growth for the characters throughout this one, and it’s best enjoyed if you’ve followed the characters throughout the series. Plus, for the fans of the Grant County series, there is the bonus of returning to Jeffrey (although, for the minority, such as myself, it will be a reminder of why we hated him).

Although I would label this as one of my favourites in terms of the character stories, I did find the mystery element was not quite to the same level as some of the other books. That is not to say I did not enjoy it, as I did. However, this one did not keep me on my toes in quite the same way as some of the other books. Yes, it had me addicted. Yes, it had me making guess. However, there were fewer twists and turns than I’m accustomed to with the author’s books. It was not enough to ruin this for me – I did enjoy it, and I cannot wait for more of the characters – but it did mean that this is not my favourite in the series. In other words, it was aa great book but not a favourite.

Without a doubt, fans of the series are sure to be hooked on this one. Once again, Slaughter has demonstrated why I’m hooked on her books. Even when I cannot label a book a new favourite, it more than keeps me hooked.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment