Thursday 25 August 2016

Review: Avendui 5ive

Avendui 5ive Avendui 5ive by P.K. Tyler
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Avendui 5ive is a short story giving us an insight into the Jakkattu series that is to come soon.

I’m so glad I was able to advance read this. Excuse me whilst I brag, but I managed to get my hands on this and the first Jakkattu book well in advance of release, and I can assure you I’m more than excited for both of them. There is such promise, so much on offer. If you’re a science fiction fan, then you need to keep your eyes on this series – it looks to be going places.

As a teaser, Avendui 5ive is wonderful. It gives you some information about the world without giving away too much. You get a general grasp of what to expect from the world, and yet so much is left unknown. Specifically, the details in this book offer up information pertaining to biomechanically enhanced humans. We get a general idea of how their world works, and what happens to them when things do not play out as they are ordained.

Honestly, I could say so much, but I fear I will give spoilers. It’s such a short story and yet it manages to give so much. Whilst it wasn’t quite a full four stars – I wanted a bit more about the world outside of biomechanically enhanced humans, if I’m honest, but that’s just me wanting it all and I’m sure that will change once I start the first Jakkattu book – it was so close that to give it a three stars would have been an injustice. It really is a brilliant snippet into the world, something you can complete in no time at all, and it is more than capable of leaving you excited of what the series has to offer.

I cannot wait to see where the Jakkattu series takes us.

As a final note, I would like to thank P.K. Tyler for guaranteeing further excitement about the upcoming series through allowing me to advance read this short story.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment