Wednesday 17 August 2016

Review: Killing by Captivation

Killing by Captivation Killing by Captivation by Heather C. Myers
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Yet again, Heather C. Myers has given us a fun read.

I’ll start with a slight disclaimer: as with a few of her books, this isn’t quite a full four stars. It was a fun read, but it didn’t quite make it into the four star category as some of her reads have. However, it was close enough for me to round it up.

Okay, so I did enjoy this one, but I did not enjoy it as much as I had hoped to. I think part of my reasoning for this is that I went from reading the author’s Devil book into this. At the start, I felt as though things were a bit too similar. It wasn’t a complete repetition of the other book, but I noticed enough similarities to feel a bit uncomfortable at first and fearful of reading the same story once again.

Fortunately, this changed as the story progressed. This story is nothing like the other book, excluding the way in which the romance develops (initially the female is unsure of things but it won over by the male). This story focuses upon the developing Armageddon, creating an interesting angel and demon scenario. As with all her stories, Heather C. Myers has put her own personal spin on a topic that has been done before. It clearly her own spin on mythology and that is so often my favourite part of her story.

In terms of the romance, I feel as though I need to take a break from her work. Or, at least, continue on with the other series that I was really enjoying. For me, in her standalone novels, the romance aspects are starting to all read the same. I’m just hoping for something different in romantic terms when it comes to future Heather C. Myers reads.

As always, though, it was a fun read. Far from my favourite, but worth a read if you’re a fan of her work.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment