Thursday 21 September 2017

Review: Infinity

Infinity Infinity by Anna Bloom
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Infinity is the final book in Anna Bloom’s Gravity series, and whilst it was an enjoyable read, it wasn’t my favourite in the series.

I became a fan of Anna Bloom earlier this year and have been working my way through her books. I really enjoyed her standalone novel The Game and her Truth About Love series. The Gravity series was on my to-read list as I was super interested in seeing how her young adult science fiction played out. The first book in the series was an enjoyable read but it wasn’t all I had hoped it would be. The second book in the series was a lot more enjoyable. This final book was enjoyable, but it wasn’t quite as wonderful as the second book.

Infinity is a much shorter read than the prior books in the series, allowing you to complete it in no time at all. It’s very much a book of providing answers, one of bringing everything together. There have been so many questions posed throughout the first two books, and this one works to give us all the answers whilst providing an entertaining read.

Whilst some of the answers were a bit on the predictable side, there were plenty of twists thrown in throughout the book to keep you guessing. These answers help the world to come into vivid colour, giving us small details that are wonderful to find out.

Don’t get me wrong, I wasn’t completely happy with everything. I felt as though some of the choices made by the characters were a bit on the silly side, and they left me feeling as though it was just a way to play out certain scenes. I enjoyed watching all of these scenes unfold, but I did feel as though it took the attention away from the war that was supposed to be going on. Considering this book brought so much together, I would have liked for there to be more war scenes throughout the story.

Overall, this was a nice conclusion to the series. It wasn’t quite a four star rating – it was more of a three-point-five star rounded up – but I did enjoy watching how everything came together.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment