Friday 15 September 2017

Review: Something Borrowed

Something Borrowed Something Borrowed by Megan Ryder
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Something Borrowed is the second book in the Lone Star Match series, and I believe it is safe to say I enjoyed it even more than I enjoyed Something Old. It was a great second book in the series, and I cannot wait to see what Something New gives us.

Although Something Borrowed is an different love story to Something Old, I believe it is best to read book one before diving into this one. You’re given more than enough to understand the overall story, yet some of the information is more detailed in Something Old. I do not doubt that this would make a wonderful standalone novel, but for the best experience I certainly recommend reading the series in order.

Something Borrowed is a very different kind of love story to Something Old. Something Old gave us a second chance romance, whereas Something Borrowed is the development of friends-with-benefits into something more. Both are beautiful stories, yet they offer completely different elements.

Whilst Something Old took a bit of getting into, I was sucked into Something Borrowed instantly. This links back with my belief that you should read the series in order – you’re already aware of the characters and the history, you know what to expect from people, and you can dive straight into the romantic drama. Occurring alongside Something Old, we get to view a different set of events, the series working to complete a whole picture of what happened between every couple during the week of this series.

It’s more than just a romantic story, though. There are multiple elements throughout this book, deeper aspects tied in with the drama of the story. There is always something going on in this story, always something pulling you forward, making this book difficult to put down. There are times where the drama is pulling you forwards, and there are times where the deeper connection you experience with the characters is pulling you forward. No matter what, you’ll be pulled into this story.

I was excited to continue this series after reading Something Old, and that excitement has only intensified with this second book. It was a wonderfully addictive read, a book that was extremely difficult to put down, and I cannot wait to see what plays out in Something New.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment