Friday 13 October 2017

Review: To Prevent World Peace

To Prevent World Peace To Prevent World Peace by Emily Martha Sorensen
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

To Prevent World Peace is the first book in Emily Martha Sorensen’s Magical Mayhem series. It’s an extremely short read, one you can complete in under an hour, but it will leave you interested in finding out more.

For me, I felt as though this had an anime feel about it. It was as though I was reading an anime rather than watching it, noticing quite a few of the elements of high school magical girl anime within this novel. Without a doubt, it’s certainly something that will interest people who enjoy such anime – it’s short and sweet, straight to the point, pulling you in as it leaves you wanting more.

Although it is an extremely short read, we get plenty of information across the four chapters to have a general understanding of the world and what is to come in the future books. Ideas will form in your mind, but you will be left unsure as to what will actually happen. It certainly leaves you wanting to dive straight into the next story, curious as to what will come next.

The only thing that prevented me from truly enjoying it was something that is a personal preference of my own. I prefer to understand magical worlds and systems, and with this one we’re simply thrown into it. There were some comments made to give us a bit of an understanding, but I’m hoping these details will be explained in the future stories. Certainly, for a story of this length, I can understand why the details weren’t given in great depth – and, as I said, it’s mostly just a personal preference of mine anyway.

Overall, this was a nice little read to pass a short time period. It’ll leave you excited to jump into the next story, curious for what comes next.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment