Sunday 29 August 2021

Review: The Boy from the Woods

The Boy from the Woods The Boy from the Woods by Harlan Coben
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I’ve read a few Harlan Coben books and have mostly enjoyed there. There have been a couple I did not enjoy quite as much, but mostly they’ve gripped me. The Boy from the Woods was certainly a gripping read, but it wasn’t quite everything I had expected.

The Boy from the Woods easily pulled me in, leaving me curious about how the pieces would come together. The story did not play out in the way I had anticipated, there were elements introduced that were not what I’d expected from the story, but everything kept me hooked. I was eager to see how all the pieces would come together, desperate to see how everything would play out, and such feelings ensured I devoured this one in no time. Although addictive, there were some elements with this one that I wasn’t quite happy with. Things felt a bit easy, not quite as intense as they could have been, and it left me feeling not quite as satisfied as expected.

Although not my favourite read from the author, this was an addictive read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment