Monday 2 August 2021

Review: Balance

Balance Balance by Lyla Oweds
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Balance is the fifth book in the Grimm Cases, and it was another enjoyable read. Although I enjoyed this one, I’ll be honest and say it’s my least favourite in the series thus far. I did not dislike it, yet it didn’t quite wow me in the way the prior books did.

In many ways, this was a book where nothing happened. At the same time, it was a book where a lot happened. It’s one of those conundrums where the story felt like it was dragging, yet the details that were given were important to the story. With a lot of progression in the behind-the-scenes information, with important character development, this is one of those stories where the true impact of the events will be felt in later books.

Without a doubt, if you’ve been following the series you need to see where things go with this one. I’m certainly eager to see what book six brings.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment