Monday 30 August 2021

Review: Reborn

Reborn Reborn by S.L. Stacy
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Reborn is the first book in S.L. Stacy’s Reborn series, and it’s one that had me hooked. This one sucked me in with ease, ensuring I devoured this in a single sitting, and left me eager to see what comes next in the series.

I love stories that take mythology and interject them into the modern world, and that’s exactly what this one did. Not only did it do it well, but it also added elements that make it unique. It’s mythology that is known, mixed with a unique twist to make it stand out, which ensures everything sucks you in deep. I could not get enough of the way things were unfolding, curious to see how the pieces would come into place. I’ll be honest and say I didn’t enjoy the romance quite as much as I enjoyed the worldbuilding, but this reflects my personal preference. I prefer a single love interest over mixed feelings, and such is what happened with this one. The way things ended, however, suggest the future books will focus on a single love interest, and I am excited to see that play out.

All in all, Reborn was a fabulous start to what promises to be a highly addictive series. I could not get enough of the way this one played out and was left desperate for more.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment