Tuesday 5 April 2022

Review: The Chaos Daughter

The Chaos Daughter The Chaos Daughter by Sara Michaels
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The Chaos Daughter is the first book in the Jeweled Fairytale Retellings series from Sara Michaels. It’s also the first in the Celestian duet, which spans the first two books in the series. It is not a story that can be read as a standalone, as it ends on a cliff-hanger that leaves you curious about the rest of the world and how things will unfold.

I will be honest and say that this is a story that left me somewhat conflicted. It was such an interesting world, and I was super curious to see how the pieces would come together. With lots of interesting elements, I was eager to dive deep into everything the world had to offer. Unfortunately, it never went quite as deep as I had hoped. I think, in part, this comes down to the fact that this is such a quick read. It had lots of interesting elements, enough to keep me engaged, yet I wanted more from them to truly feel the connection I had hoped for. As it was, this made for interesting reading but didn’t quite push me to love it as much as I could have.

While this wasn’t quite as deep as I would have liked, it certainly left me curious about what happens in the next book. My fingers are crossed the second book expands upon the things I wanted more of in this one.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment