Monday 11 April 2022

Review: The Clandestine Queen

The Clandestine Queen The Clandestine Queen by Brandon J. Greer
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The Clandestine Queen is a book that is sure to have many fans of young adult fantasy hooked. It’s a story with many moving parts, ensuring the reader is left curious to see how it comes together. While I did enjoy the story, I never quite connected to it in the way I had hoped.

I think the reason I never quite connected is because of the main character whose story we followed. Her story was interesting, and I wanted to see how things progressed, but I was more interested in the other characters. This was fine when we followed the other members of the cast, but she was central to the plot and I had expected a bit more investment in her. Due to this, I always felt a little bit of disconnect from the story. That is not to say it was bad – it was an enjoyable read – simply that I was not sucked in quite as deep as I would have been had I fallen deeper for the characters.

I’m sure many will not feel the same way or will love the story despite the above. For me, however, this was an enjoyable read, but not quite all I had hoped.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment