Tuesday 12 April 2022

Review: The Order Revived

The Order Revived The Order Revived by Sara Michaels
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The Order Revived is the second book in the Jeweled Fairytale Retellings series from Sara Michaels. It’s also the second in the Celestian duet, which spans the first two books in the series. It is not a story that can be read as a standalone, as it concludes the cliff-hanger of an ending that existed with the first book.

While I enjoyed this one more than the first, I will be honest and say I couldn’t quite bring myself to round up my three-point-five-star rating. It was certainly an interesting story that had me curious to see how the pieces came together, but the intensity that had me hooked at the start faded toward the end. It was an interesting story, one that kept me curious, but more depth was needed considering everything that happened. As it was, the details seemed to come together in the blink of an eye, and such was what prevented me from loving this in the way I had hoped.

It is certainly worth reading if you enjoyed the first book, and I will be reading the next, but it wasn’t quite everything it could have been. I do feel that these stories are just a little too quick and easy to wow fully.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment