Wednesday 8 April 2020

Review: Love by Design

Love by Design Love by Design by Katy Ames
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Love by Design is book sixteen in the 425 Madison series, but it works perfectly fine as a standalone novel. In fact, this could work as a complete standalone as a lot more happens away from 425 Madison than at 425 Madison.

In truth, I was a wee bit uncertain about this one at first. I’m not crazy about stories where we start chapters with flashbacks, slowly being given snippets that are spread out. I much prefer to have a solid flash back, or for the story to show the past and the present individually. Fortunately, this was not consistent throughout the whole book. Once this aspect of the story passed, I was gripped.

In fact, this became a three-point-five-star rating after the flashbacks finished. I was pulled into the story and would have given it a four-star rating except for how difficult I found it to get into at first. The story was gripping, and I loved the characters. The ending was a bit predictable, but it did not take away from my enjoyment.

All in all, another enjoyable addition to the series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment