Wednesday 8 April 2020

Review: Wicked Ever After

Wicked Ever After Wicked Ever After by Shayla Black
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

After enjoying the first part of Brea and One-Mile’s story, I was eager to dive into Wicked Ever After. I had high hopes of how their story would come together, and I was not disappointed.

Although the main storyline of this one I saw coming early in the first book, it did not take away my enjoyment of this one. There was plenty of drama and action to keep me turning the pages, and once I started I was happy to devour the story in a single sitting.

With this one, there was some aspects of the book that left me wishing I had read other books by the author first. It was not enough to take away my enjoyment, but I certainly feel some aspects of the story will be most enjoyed by people who have read the connected stories. I’d already planned to read more, but the things I got to see in this one left me even more curious.

The only I wasn’t crazy about was the way certain elements of the suspense storyline were left hanging to be continued in the future books in the series. I expected the storyline to be closed in this duet, and as eager as I am to continue, I do wish it had been made obvious beforehand that the overall storyline would not be closed in the duet.

All in all, a great conclusion to Brea and One-Mile’s story, and I cannot wait to see what the rest of the series brings.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment