Tuesday 19 January 2021

Review: Origins

Origins Origins by Lyla Oweds
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Origins is the first book in the Grimm Cases series by Lyla Oweds, and it was an addictive read that had me devouring it in no time. From the start, this one pulled me in, and I could not get enough of all that played out.

Although a quick read, there were plenty of elements packed into this one that had me curious about what is to come. There are no solid answers in this one, with things hanging that require the reader to dive into the next book, but the things that are introduced have ideas swirling in the mind.

As addictive as it was, as much as I loved the way things played out and fell for the characters with ease, I will admit that there were some details that were a wee bit too cliched for me. As the story was so addictive and managed to pack a punch, I was able to overlook these elements for the most part – although I do hope they lessen going forward.

Without a doubt, Origins is an addictive start to what promises to be a wonderful series. As soon as I was finished with this one, I found myself diving into book two because I needed more.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment