Friday 11 February 2022

Review: Being is Better

Being is Better Being is Better by Marjorie Jackson.
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Being is Better was a story that was packed with emotion, one that had me hooked once I was sucked into the story. While I did enjoy this one, I opted to round my three-point-five-star rating down instead of up when I stopped to think about it. Most, however, are sure to be a lot less picky than I was.

While I adored the messages involved with this story, the reason I didn’t round my rating up was because I feel it took a bit too long for the friendship element of this storyline to become the focus. I loved all the detail that came before, yet I felt things moved a little too quickly once the friendship happened. A friendship I was hugely invested in. It really brought the characters to life and hit hard, which was why I wish there had been a wee bit more on that front. It’s likely all of that will come in the second book, though, which is what my fingers are crossed for.

All in all, this was an emotionally charged book that is sure to grip many.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment