Thursday 24 February 2022

Review: The Difference Between Somehow and Someway

The Difference Between Somehow and Someway The Difference Between Somehow and Someway by Aly Martinez
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

After reading and adoring the first book in Aly Martinez’s Difference trilogy, The Difference Between Somebody and Someone, I was eager to dive into the second book. With a cliff-hanger that had me desperate for answers, it is no surprise I devoured The Difference Between Somehow and Someway in a single sitting.

I’ll be completely honest and say that a part of me feared this would suffer from second book syndrome. The first book gripped me hard, and I was worried the second book would be a short filler book before everything concluded in the final book. Although this was a short read, one I completed in a couple of hours, it was far from a filler. In fact, this second book introduced so many new elements. We get more from the past, the present is filled with question, and there is uncertainty for the future. Each element pulled me in deeper, leaving me trying to put the pieces together. Although I worked out some of them, there were details in the ending I did not work out – and those left me desperate for the next book.

Without a doubt, this was a wonderful addition to the Difference trilogy. I cannot wait to dive into the third book to find out how everything comes together.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment