Thursday 3 February 2022

Review: The Final Play

The Final Play The Final Play by Amie Knight
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I adored the first two books in Amie Knight’s Summerville Sports series, finding them to be emotional stories that hooked me hard. With The Final Play following a character I’ve adored since his introduction, I went into this one with high hopes. While this one did grow on me, I didn’t quite love it in the way I had hoped.

As with the prior books in the series, this book was filled with emotion and had me unable to put it down. While I was hooked on the events and desperate to see how the emotional elements played out, I never quite felt the connection between the characters. There was the potential for it to be highly addictive and rip my heart out, yet I felt it was too simple and just happened. I was ready for angst and emotion, and never really received it between the two of them. Had there been deeper exploration and had things not been accepted quite so easily, I’m sure I would have loved this one as much as the prior books in the series. As it was, it was simply an okay read instead of the mind-blowing read I had hoped for.

Perhaps I’m just being too picky because I adored the main character in the prior books and had high hopes for his story. After all, many seem to have loved this one as much as the prior books.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment