Sunday 30 October 2016

Review: A Dragon's Destiny

A Dragon's Destiny A Dragon's Destiny by Tina Glasneck
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

I hate being the first person to give a book a negative review, especially when I’m giving a one star rating. Unfortunately, such a thing happens occasionally – and this is one of those occasions.

I wanted to enjoy this one, I really did. There were so many aspects to the story, leaving it with a great promise. Multiple timelines. Deities. Destiny. Dragons. The last one always gets me – I love dragon stories. Who doesn’t love a good dragon story? For me, though, even the promise of the dragons couldn’t bring me to finish the book.

I kept picking it up, reading a bit and putting it back down. I tried extremely hard. At one point, I read around thirty percent in one sitting – and yet my mind wandered the entire time. I wasn’t pulled into the story – it was as though we were being told what was happening, rather than really feeling it happening. I didn’t care about the characters – they just seemed to be there and I didn’t really care much for what was happening with them. The storyline didn’t flow as well as I had hoped for – it wasn’t just the changing between timelines, even within the chapters I was finding myself unsure of what was going on. The way in which the story was told felt disjointed – things just didn’t seem to come together in the way they should have.

It had promise, but I simply wasn’t enjoying myself. Considering how many advance read books I have sitting on my Kindle, I just couldn’t finish this one. I don’t have the time to continue reading something I am not enjoying.

Sadly, this one simply wasn’t for me.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment