Sunday 30 July 2017

Review: Changeless

Changeless Changeless by Gail Carriger
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Changeless is the second book in the Parasol Protectorate series and I enjoyed it even more than I enjoyed the first book. I’ll be completely honest by saying I wasn’t wholly content with this book, but for the most part I really enjoyed it.

As with Soulless, Changeless is one of those easy reads you can complete in no time at all. It’s one of those books you pick up when you need something lighter, when you need a break from the heavier books of the world. It still has many interesting elements but it does not require the same amount of brainpower that other books in the genre often require, allowing for a much more relaxed read.

Changeless takes us deeper into the Parasol world, giving us plenty more reasons to fall in love with the characters and the storyline. I’ll admit things were overly predictable from the start of the story (there was one element that was clear from the onset, preventing the ending from being the big shock it was probably intended to be), but this did not stop me from enjoying the read. As with Soulless, there are multiple elements to this story that will keep you entertained throughout.

Moreover, it was so nice to see familiar faces from the Finishing School story. Although this book was written prior to Finishing School, I read the books in order of the timeline – thus, I was revisiting favourites years later. It was so nice to see where their lives had gone, even if certain information broke my heart.

As a second book, this one was a lot of fun. It opened up so many possibilities for the future of the series, and we now have an idea of what kinds of drama to expect in the future books. The ending will certainly leave you picking up Blameless instantly.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment