Saturday 5 August 2017

Review: The Bride of Glass

The Bride of Glass by Candace Robinson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The Bride of Glass is the second book in the Glass Vault duology, and it is a wonderful conclusion to the series. If you read the first book, you certainly need to read this one to see how everything comes together. I assure you, it will not disappoint.

Quinsey Wolfe's Glass Vault ended with a bang. It left me instantly wanting to pick up the next book – and such is exactly what happened. As soon as I finished Quinsey Wolfe's Glass Vault, I dived into The Bride of Glass. I wanted to know what happened to the characters, to the world. I wanted answers, and I wanted them straight away.

The Bride of Glass has a very different feel to Quinsey Wolfe's Glass Vault. The Bride of Glass is a heavier book, giving us a glimpse into the past along with showing us how things come together following the events of the first book. It is a book filled with explanation. Characters, events, and situations are explained. It is very much a book that takes us deeper into the world, helping us to understand everything that was introduced to us in the first book.

I love such books. I’m very much a person who enjoys knowing all the little details. Through reading The Bride of Glass, I got an insight into so many different things. Little details you wouldn’t expect to know in full are shared, in many ways telling a story within a story. It’s the stories of those within the story – if that even makes sense. By this point I’m filled with so many positive feelings towards this book that I’m simply throwing joyous vibes around in the hope people can translate what I’m trying to say.

In all seriousness, though, this is a much deeper book. All those questions that were left hanging at the end of Quinsey Wolfe's Glass Vault are answered in this one. All the ‘w’ questions – who, what, where, when, and why – along with our ‘how’. Sometimes I find authors can get so caught up in answering all of these questions that the story reads more like an encyclopaedia rather than giving a tale that progresses. Fortunately, such is not the case with The Bride of Glass.

In addition to all our questions being answered, new elements are introduce to keep us holding on. We come to love the characters even more, and the more knowledge we’re given, the more we love them. It’s a character heavy story whereas the first book focused more upon the situation. With lots of emotion and all kinds of events, you’ll be holding on for dear life. You’re never sure how the story will end. Will we get a happily ever after? Will the world end in pain? It certainly kept you guessing throughout, waiting to see how all of the details would come together in the end.

Without a doubt, this was a great second book. Whereas it was the ending that had me handing a four star rating to Quinsey Wolfe’s Glass Vault, the entirety of The Bride of Glass was a solid four-star rating. The Glass Vault series is certainly worth the read, providing you with a quick and addictive read to keep you going.

I cannot wait to see what Candace Robinson brings us next.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment