Friday 4 August 2017

Review: The Curious Case of the Werewolf That Wasn't

The Curious Case of the Werewolf That Wasn't The Curious Case of the Werewolf That Wasn't by Gail Carriger
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The Curious Case of the Werewolf That Wasn’t is a fun little glimpse into the early Parasol world. Whilst it makes for an enjoyable quick read, it is not a necessary part of the series. It’s more so a read for the diehard fans. Personally, whilst I found this book enjoyable, it wasn’t quite what I had expected. I found myself expecting something a little bit more, meaning I was a little bit on the disappointed side when I didn’t get the hard-hitting short story I’d been anticipating.

Throughout the entire Parasol Protectorate series, I’ve been hoping to find out more about Alessandro Tarabotti. I wanted to know all about his past, and I wanted details of what happened with Floote by his side. To me, this felt more like a snapshot rather than the real look I had wanted. I got a tiny bit more about Alessandro Tarabotti, but not enough to extinguish my curiosity. I still want more; I would like even more stories about his life.

Nevertheless, it was a decent short read to add a wee bit more to the series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment