Tuesday 5 December 2017

Review: Prey

Prey Prey by Julia Sykes
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Prey is a short story, sitting as book nine-point-five in the Impossible series. I found the story sitting at the end of my copy of Impossible, and despite telling myself to wait and read it in order I found I couldn’t hold off reading it. I found myself diving straight into the story, wanting more from the characters I enjoyed so much.

In truth, I feel as though I may have enjoyed this a bit more had I held off on reading it. It was a wonderful story in and of itself, but I’ve now been given insights into details that have yet to come into play in the series. I do not mind such a thing, but I feel as though I would have had a greater appreciation for some of the details and events had I known more about the overall series.

As I said, though, this was still a wonderful story. It gives us an insight into the lives of our main characters from Impossible following on from the ending of the first book, allowing us to see what came next. I love such stories, and this one held my attention throughout. In fact, I devoured it in no time at all.

It was steamy as can be, with action to keep you on your toes. It allowed for a deeper insight into the chemistry between the two characters, giving us that little bit more fans crave, and throwing in some further conclusion for certain elements from the first book.

Very much worth reading if you’re a fan of the series: it may be short, but it’s certainly worth it.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment