Tuesday 12 May 2020

Review: The Craftsman

The Craftsman The Craftsman by Sharon J. Bolton
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Sharon Bolton is one of my favourite authors and I’m always happy to devour her stories. After reading Alive, the short prequel to The Craftsman, I knew I was in for a good time with this one. Now I’ve finished, I’m desperate to see what the next book brings.

As always, Sharon Bolton had me hooked. I was pulled right into the story, creating theory after theory as new information was given. There were some elements I worked out, but there were plenty of details that surprised me. With lots of details to hook, I’m desperate to see what comes next in the series.

Although I adored this one, I will be honest and say I’m a wee bit uncertain about the supernatural element that was introduced. I liked that it was involved, but I would have liked a bit more from it throughout. It was always in the background, but when something large played out, I feel I wasn’t quite ready for that part of the story to be taken as far as it was – I feel more information into the supernatural world would have helped.

All in all, though, this was another winner from Sharon Bolton. It’s a rounded down four-point-five-star read, but I certainly believe the future books in the series will manage to pull a five-star rating from me.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment