Tuesday 5 May 2020

Review: Devil Springs

Devil Springs Devil Springs by Faydra Stratton
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Devil Springs is a great debut, one that has me more than happy to dive into future books by the author. In fact, I’ll be keeping an eye out for what else the author has to offer as I’m eager for more.

Devil Springs is a powerful story, one that brings to life the best and worse of high school. You’re quickly sucked into the story, hooked on the characters, and will happily devour the book in a single sitting. With plenty of emotion packed into this one, each page will have you desperate for more.

The one thing I will say is that there was one scene in this that I feel could have used a trigger warning. There were hints it was to come, but I still wasn’t prepared for what happened and it did catch me off-guard. It certainly added to the emotion of this one, but I would have liked some warning.

All in all, Devil Springs was a wonderful read and I cannot wait to get my hands on more of the author’s work.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment