Monday 17 May 2021

Review: Beneath a Scarlet Sky

Beneath a Scarlet Sky Beneath a Scarlet Sky by Mark T. Sullivan
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Beneath a Scarlet Sky is a book that I had sitting on my Kindle for a long time, unsure if I wanted to dive in or not. On the one hand, I was curious. On the other hand, I was unsure if I would be hooked. This was mostly because I’m not usually a big fan of fiction/non-fiction hybrids. When Beneath a Scarlet Sky became our book club read, however, I soon found myself powering through the story.

I’ll be honest and say that some of the details in this story need to be taken cum grano salis. There was a bit too much in this one that felt like drama intended for the masses, events that required more suspension of belief than I expected. The way it is written leans toward the impression that all the information is true, but it is a hybrid of fact and fiction – a fact needs to be remembered. When that is kept in mind, the story is gripping. It is far from perfect, but it certainly kept me hooked and eager to see how everything played out in the end. I just wish there had been more information about what was true and what was twisted to make for a great story.

All in all, Beneath a Scarlet Sky ended up being a pleasant surprise.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment