Saturday 22 May 2021

Review: A Distant Voice

A Distant Voice A Distant Voice by Bridie Blake
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

A Distant Voice is one of those books where it is easy to see why so many people adored the story, and it was certainly one that had me hooked. Although the story had me hooked and I devoured it in no time, there were some details that weren’t taken quite as far as they could have been for me.

Don’t get me wrong, A Distant Voice handled several heavy topics well. It was a story packed with emotion, one that hit hard at many points. In particular, the end was a punch to the gut that made you look at everything else in a different light. It was a story that kept you invested in all that was playing out, and I could not get enough of it. With so many heavy aspects included, however, I feel some of them did not hit quite as hard as they could have done. It was certainly a powerful read, but I would have liked a wee bit more depth to certain aspects.

All in all, A Distant Voice was an emotional read that hit hard throughout.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment