Tuesday 11 May 2021

Review: Boys Run the Riot, Volume 1

Boys Run the Riot, Volume 1 Boys Run the Riot, Volume 1 by Keito Gaku
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I’m not the biggest fan of graphic novels, comics, and manga, but I regularly find myself pulled toward them. There have been a handful I have really enjoyed, and I keep hoping to find more. Boys Run the Riot was one that left me with hope.

I’ll be honest and say this one had me somewhat conflicted. It was a quick and enjoyable story, one I happily devoured in a single sitting. Although I enjoyed it and would like to see where things go, I never quite felt the connection to the characters that I had hoped to experience. I think the main reason for this is that a lot of aspects were introduced with this one, yet most of them did not receive the level of attention I would have liked. I would have liked more depth and fewer things to have been looked at.

Although it didn’t quite have the depth I prefer, it was an enjoyable quick read that certainly has me curious what else happens.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment