Monday 1 November 2021

Review: Charm Wars

Charm Wars Charm Wars by Dan Lutts
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Charm Wars is the first book in the Charm Wars series by Dan Lutts, and it’s one of those books that I can see appealing to many fans of young adult fantasy. It ticks the boxes of so many of the popular tropes in the genre, which will suck many in, yet it is what resulted in me feeling a wee bit disappointed with this one.

On the surface, this was an enjoyable read. There were plenty of moving parts that leave you curious to see how the pieces will come together, eager to see the players develop, and wanting to go deeper into the world. The more I read, however, the more I realised there wasn’t anything that stood out. It was enjoyable, it ticked boxes, yet it did not give anything that felt overly unique. I’m fine with this, but I do feel the book was a bit on the long side considering there wasn’t anything that stood out. Nevertheless, it did make for easy reading.

All in all, Charm Wars is sure to grip those who are looking for a young adult fantasy that offers beloved tropes and concepts.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment