Monday 29 November 2021

Review: This Can Never Not Be Real

This Can Never Not Be Real This Can Never Not Be Real by Sera Milano
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This Can Never Not Be Real is a book I had high hopes for, and it’s one that left me conflicted. While I enjoyed the message of the story and the way things were handled, I was not a fan of the style in which the story was told. This is probably just me being picky, yet it made it difficult for me to get into the story.

Although many are sure to love the way this story is told, I was not a fan of the way we were given snippets of the story through each character, bouncing every sentence or paragraph between them. For me, it made it hard to connect with them. Add in the fact that we were supposed to be reading the testimony of the events, and I felt like it didn’t feel like a testimony at all. Despite this, the story did have me powering through it quickly. The style of storytelling meant it took a while for me to get into it, but I could not put it down once the pieces started to move.

All in all, I enjoyed the story, yet I was not won over by the style of telling.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment