Saturday 6 November 2021

Review: Murder Most Actual

Murder Most Actual Murder Most Actual by Alexis Hall
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I’ve been meaning to read Alexis Hall since hearing such great things about Boyfriend Material. It sounded like a book I would adore, and so many people have recommended it, but for reasons I cannot quite name I have yet to work around to it. When the chance came to read Murder Most Actual, I decided it was time to dive into the author’s work. In fact, I went into this one hoping that it would finally push me to finally read Boyfriend Material.

I’ll be honest and say that this one didn’t quite work for me. I feel this is one of those books that will appeal to a lot of audiences, yet I was not quite the right audience. Cosy mysteries can be enjoyable, but I find I’m extremely picky with them. For me, Murder Most Actual felt like one of those cosy mysteries that was trying to hard too be amusing by pulling upon cliches and known elements, which meant I was bored by quite a lot of the things that played out. I remained interested in how everything would come together, yet I never quite fell for it the way I had hoped.

As I said, however, I do feel this is one of those cases where I just wasn’t quite the right audience for the book. I remain interested in reading Boyfriend Material, yet this one didn’t push me to jump immediately into it.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment