Sunday 28 November 2021

Review: Corinth 2642 AD

Corinth 2642 AD Corinth 2642 AD by Bindiya Schaefer
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Bindiya Schaefer’s Corinth 2642 AD is one of those books that left me somewhat conflicted. On the one hand, this was a story with great social commentary. On the other hand, the way some details were given didn’t quite work for me.

Corinth 2642 AD is a soft mystery set in a future world where things are not what they seem. From the start, the mystery had me curious about how the specific details would come together. While it was interesting to watch the pieces unfold, I did find myself working them out far too easily. I think if details had been interwoven a bit better instead of being given in the information dumps, I would have enjoyed it a little more. Although I wasn’t quite as sucked in as I would have liked to be, I did enjoy exploring the world. Some details were a little over the top, and some details were not explored as much as I would have liked, yet it was an interesting world that contained social commentary to make the reader think.

All in all, Corinth 2642 AD was an interesting read. It wasn’t quite what I had expected, but it did have me powering through it in no time.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment