Monday 28 March 2022

Review: Bond of Destiny

Bond of Destiny Bond of Destiny by Tessa Hale
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Bond of Destiny is the final book in the Shifting Fate trilogy by Tessa Hale, and I can certainly see fans enjoying this one. While I did feel like this was a huge improvement upon the second book (I’ve decided that one suffered from major second book syndrome), it was not enough to completely win me over.

For me, Bond of Destiny solidified my feeling that the series should have either been shorter or the books should have been longer. There was a lot of repetition throughout, which was disappointing considering the lack of depth and how predictable the story was. There was so much potential with this, many elements that could have been explored in greater detail, yet everything happened quickly and was without the depth they needed. Such prevented me from falling deeply for me. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoyed watching things come together in this one, yet there was nothing that will ensure this series lingers in my mind.

All in all, this series clearly was not for me. Those who enjoy quick and easy reads, stories without too much depth, are sure to power through these.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment