Tuesday 29 March 2022

Review: The Difference Between Someday and Forever

The Difference Between Someday and Forever The Difference Between Someday and Forever by Aly Martinez
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

After adoring the first two books in the Difference trilogy, I was eager to dive into The Difference Between Someday and Forever to see how everything came together. I’ll be honest and say that this is a book that almost pulled a five-star rating from me, yet there were a couple of things that stopped me from doing so.

The main reason I found myself rounding my rating down is because the cliff-hanger element of the prior book was resolved too quickly. It has played a huge role in the series thus far, and I feel it was over and done with in the blink of an eye. Don’t get me wrong, I adored the way it opened the road for everything else that happened throughout the book. In fact, I could not get enough of the way it allowed other things to be explored. However, I do feel it was too simple for the major role it played in the series. The same is true for elements toward the end of this. They were introduced and over with quickly, wrapping things up neatly at a speed that felt too much. I enjoyed both aspects, but combined it pulled my rating down. Otherwise, I adored every moment of this. It was packed with feeling, and I was wearing a smile throughout, unable to put it down.

Without a doubt, this is a must-read for those who enjoyed the prior books in the series. It’s a wonderful conclusion, and I’ll certainly be reading more from the author.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment